I'm embarrassed to see that it's almost twelve months since I posted images of updates to my SiR II.
So here's a brief update with images.
Which is the beginning of a concerted effort on my part to keep this updated, at least once monthly.
And typically with lots more photos too for all to enjoy.
As there's been much I've been up to, even though so far in this thread you'd be easily misled to think not.
Finally had the Left Front Hub Assemly replaced: 44600-SK7-000
Along with a new NTN Front Wheel Bearing fitted: 44300-SF1-008NZ
Pictured is one fo the two genuine, brand new Front Disc Rotors that I had fitted: 45251-SK7-A10
Plus new set's of Nissin Brake Pads front and rear: 45022-SG0-G133 and 43022-S04-E03
With this setup I am able to experience how well my SiR II braked when it was new.
I'll eventually change the Right Front Hub Assembly too.
And its Wheel Bearing hopefully later this year.
Its amazing how quickly the new rotors attract a fine coating of rust.
Not long after I've also had to change both Rear Hub Bearings: 42200-SH3-973
As just my luck that once I had changed the left front Wheel Bearing.
Then all I could hear and feel was how worn the rear Wheel bearings were.
This gives you an idea on how worn the left front Wheel Bearing was.
And how loud it was too
As I could not even hear the problem with the Rear Wheel Bearings.
Until I fitted a new left front Wheel Bearing.
Here's the SW3 Sports Steering Wheel that I sourced from Strong Honda.
Thankfully it was complete so far in that it had the original Horn Button, and Horn Ring.
I had to source a genuine Momo Boss Kit for it: 12112114905 Mozzi
Nice to see it listed by Momo as for 'EE9'.
This is my second SW3, and while not in showroom condition.
I feel it reflects the current state of my SiR II's exterior condition at the moment.
My other SW3 is very much in showroom condition.
But I won't fit it til my SiR II's exterior is in equal condition.
And approaches the stunning 1.6i-VT examples of TeamVTEC
's and RoaringVTEC
Also while you can't see it from the exterior of the Gear Lever.
While the Gear Lever and the Gear Lever Cover are not new.
Underneath I have fitted a new three piece Mugen Change Lever Bush Set: 54300-XG5-S0N0
I also felt it was important to renew the other bushes in this area:
Gear Lever Boot 54108-SB2-000
Gear Lever Bush 54109-SA7-000
Gear Lever Seat 54110-SH3-003.
Its nice to know that my SiR II changes gear better than new now.
Another hidden from view item fitted is a new Clutch Pedal Spring: 46907-SH3-010.
I find the Clutch Pedal sticks on release.
But having replaced it.
I now think its because I have my Cable Clutch setting very low.
Here you can see another angle of the SW3 Sports Steering Wheel.
And also the very messey cables behind the centre console.
These will be bound and tidily hidden behind the console eventually.
I have no intention of fitting a sound system to the SiR II.
But it does not mean I will remove the cabling throughout the car, nor the aerial.
You can see the Honda Access floor mats I have.
Since taking this photo I've managed to pick up another full set of EF Honda Access floor mats.
So including the floor mats pictured, I now have three complete sets.
Overkill I know, but I felt it my duty to buy them when they turned up for sale.
The centre Dash Vent pictured is brand new: 77615-SH3-G03ZE
I replaced the original centre Dash Vents.
As the left side Vent slider to adjust for pan no longer worked.
At first I was puzzled by how exactly to remove the original item.
But after patiently, and carefully wiggling it about.
Found out that it was simply held firmly in place by clips.
And could be removed, and refitted with ease.
Thankfully no damage to the surrounding area too.
A new Sump Plug as the original was worn.
And its edges were becoming rounded: 90009-PH1-000
Fitted with crushable 14mm Sump Plug Washer: 94109-14000.
At first when I saw the damage to the Sump.
I thought it was a good reason to invest in a Mugen Baffled Sump.
But sanity prevailed and I know the damage is simply superficial.
And there's other areas that need my attention first.
In the background of the above image, is the new Steering Rack Boot: 53534-SE0-A52.
Since buying the car, tha rack had a small leak from the left side.
Thankfully it was simply a split Rack Boot.
I'm relieved the Steering Rack only required a Rack Boot change.
Rather than a complete Steering Rack overhaul.
I also had a five piece Mugen Steering Gear Box Bush Set fitted: 53434-XE5-S0N0
As this was designed for non assisted rack, I could only fit four of the five pieces.
And had to fit a genuine Steering Rack Bush: 53436-SH3-950.
These are now fitted, a Mugen Engine Mount Bush Set: 50800-XE9-S0N0
Note the production date: 23.03.06
When I first ordered these in Feburary this year.
I was disappointed to find out they were unavailable...
...til the next batch was produced in late March this year!
Its so good to know Mugen are still producing these!!!!
Fresh Engine Mounts!!!!
I used to use Motul Racing Brake Fluid 600 (DBP 312C, WBP 216C).
No suprise to see that I now use Mugen Hi-Performance Brake Fluid (DBP 327C, WBP 202C): 90000-XYB-B0000
Likewise to see that I also use Mugen's Hi-Performance Oil Filter: 15400-XK5B-0000
The above is only a selection of what I've been up to since my last photographic update last year.
Will take more photos this weekend of what else I've been repairing.
As well as the other work being performed this weekend.
To celebrate my SiR II clocking up 200,000km.